For the Person Creating the Registry
- Q. Can someone else create a meal registry for me?
A.Absolutely. A friend or family member can create a registry on your behalf and fill in all the contact info as it pertains to you. You will then receive an invite email with a link to set up an account for the purpose of being able to view and edit your registry. Then you and the person who created the registry can both view and edit the registry.
- Q. Is there any cost involved to create a meal registry?
A.No. MealBaby is a completely free service designed to make meal coordination for those in need as seamless and easy as possible. Even though we highly recommend the purchase of a MagicKitchen.com Meal Gift for those who can't sign up to bring a home-cooked meal, this is an optional add-on to the MealBaby service.
- Q. What is communicated in the email invitation?
A.The following is a sample email invitation. Note: If you created your own meal registry then (Given by NAME) would not appear.
From: MealBaby (email@example.com)
Subject: Meal registry invitation for NAME!
You have been invited to participate in a meal registry for NAME (Given by NAME)!
Please use the following link to view their registry:
What is MealBaby?
MealBaby.com is an online service that allows people to plan and organize all the details of a meal registry. Whether you just had a new baby, are recovering from surgery or just need friends and family to bring you meals, MealBaby is the free and easy way to make it happen. With calendar planning tools, customized food preferences and prepared meal options - MealBaby is meal registry made easy.
- Q. Who can view my registry (since it has personal information)?
A.There are two ways people can view your registry: 1) they are the recipient of an email invitation link that you send out from the MealBaby site, or 2) they are given access to a link that you can copy and paste anywhere you would like your registry to be announced (such as Facebook, Twitter, a personal blog, or a mass email to all your friends and family). Only people who have access to your link will be able to view your registry, so it's up to you to distribute your registry link in ways that you feel comfortable with.
- Q. How many days should I request meals? How do I make sure that everyone who wants to sign up to deliver a meal gets to?
A.It is entirely up to you as to how many days to request meals for. It is safe to assume that a new mom will probably need meals every other day for at least 3-4 weeks if there are an adequate number of friends or family members willing to contribute. The best way to help determine the number of days to request meals for is to think about how many people you know who are potential volunteers and then make sure you have an adequate number of available days for those people to sign up. You as the registrant can always go back to your registry and add on more days to your calendar if you see that the schedule is filling up quickly and there are still more people who want to bring a meal.
- Q. What if I need to change the date I want my meals to start being delivered?
A.Just sign in to your account and edit the start date in your meal registry.
- Q. I would like to create a registry for my friend who does not have access to email - what should I put down for their email address?
A.The email specified under Contact Info is where all of the notifications will be sent when people sign up for a meal. If the person you are creating a registry for does not have email, or does not have access to a computer, feel free to put down your own email address and then be sure to let them know when their meals are coming.
- Q. Will a reminder email be sent to the people who sign up on my registry to bring a meal?
A.Yes, a reminder email is automatically sent to anyone who signs up to bring a meal on the day before their meal is due.
- Q. Is there a way to remind people to take a look at my registry (or a registry that I created for a friend) and sign up to bring a meal? I know not everyone who receives the email invitation link has the time to sign up right away and I just wanted to send a reminder email to those who have not yet signed up.
A.Yes, on the Meal Registry Edit Page, there is a Send Reminder button in the Invitations section that allows you to have a reminder email sent to anyone who has not yet signed up after receiving the initial email invitation link sent from MealBaby. The Sign Up Reminder email is different from the Meal Reminder email that is discussed in the previous question.
For the Person Viewing the Registry
- Q. Is there any cost involved to sign up to deliver meals?
A.No. MealBaby is a completely free service designed to make meal coordination for those in need as seamless and easy as possible. The purchase of a MagicKitchen.com Gift is an optional add-on to the MealBaby service.
- Q. I heard that a friend has a registry on MealBaby, but when I go to the site and create an account, I do not see a way to look up my friend's registry or do a search for her. How can I view the registry I am looking for?
A.In order to view a registry, you have to be given access to the registry link by the registry owner. There are two options for how to receive the registry link: 1) you are the recipient of an email invitation link that was sent to you from the MealBaby site by the registry owner, or 2) you are given access to the link that the registry owner has distributed in any number of ways (such as Facebook, Twitter, personal blog, or mass email). The easiest way is probably simply to ask the registry owner to email you the link so you can click on it, then login to your account and view their registry.
- Q. How long will it take the gift card(s) purchased to arrive at their house?
A.From the date of purchase, gift cards generally take 7-14 days to be delivered.
- Q. What if I realize at the last minute that I cannot deliver a meal on the day I planned to?
A.If this scenario occurs on the day of, or the few days before you are scheduled to bring a meal, it would be best to call the person the registry is for and let them know what happened so they won't be expecting you on that day. However, if this same scenario occurs a week or more in advance of when you had planned to bring a meal, you can simply revisit their registry by signing in to your account and then edit your selection on their calendar page in order to choose another day that works for you. No worries, they will be notified of the change.
- Q. Will I receive a reminder email so that I don't forget to bring a meal on the date I signed up for?
A.Yes, a reminder email is automatically sent out to anyone who signs up to bring a meal on the day before their meal is due.
- Q. I received an email invitation link to view my friend's registry, but when I click on the link and try to create an account, it says I do not have access to view this registry. What am I doing wrong?
A.The problem most likely lies in the fact that you are trying to login using a different email address than the one to which the email invitation link was sent. You must use the same email address that the link was sent to in order to be allowed to view the registry.